Monday, December 6, 2010

Happy Birthday James!




The kids and I spent your 45th birthday evening writing down 45 reasons we think you’re great.  Enjoy!
1. You are good at eating ice cream. – John
2. Your artwork has inspired some of my own. - Jackson
3. You make hamburgers for us. – John
4. You have a great singing voice. - Betsy
5. You are a good camper for daddy daughter campouts. - Savannah
6. You fix things around the house. - Yuhua
7. You make me laugh. - Brooklyn
8. You are good at earning money.  – John
9. You keep the food stocked up. – Yuhua
10. You are the super awesome fixit dad! – Savannah
11. You can make me laugh. - Jackson
12. You clean my car for me. - Betsy
13. You take me to the store with you. – Brooklyn
14. You take many great photos AND you date and organize them. - Betsy
15. You’re a macho man! -  Jackson
16. When you say you are going to do something, you remember and do it. – Yuhua
17. You are our cats’ favorite person. – Savannah
18. You are good at tickle fights. – Brooklyn
19. You keep our family safe. – Yuhua
20. You are good at mowing. – John
21. When you come home to visit you take time to replace burned out light bulbs and fix things around the house. - Betsy
22. I enjoy our discussions about history and politics.  They have been a motivation for me to stay well informed. – Jackson
23. You are a great photographer. – Brooklyn
24. You are prepared. – Yuhua
25. You know just what to say when I’m mad or sad. – Savannah
26. You frequently ask me where my purse and keys are and plug in my cell phone for me. – Betsy
27. You are good at hotdogs. - John
28. You are always up for a new idea. – Savannah
29. I like having good talks with you. – Jackson
30. You are good at computer stuff. – Brooklyn
31. You are intelligent. – Yuhua
32. You take the time to write thank you notes to people. – Betsy
33. You have great musical interests. – Savannah
34. You make the best lunch. – John
35. You give me good advice about girls, being a man, and stuff like that. – Jackson
36. You are good at imitations. – Brooklyn
37. You teach me how to work things like our DVR. – Savannah
38. You are always on time. Yuhua
39. You tell corny jokes and make us laugh. – Betsy
40. I love hearing your stories. – Jackson
41. If you were a medieval knight, you’d be the hero of the fairytale. -  Savannah
42. You notice special requests the kids make and then remember and wrap up these items as birthday and Christmas gifts.  I love that some of these items have been deemed appropriate for certain birthdays and that the kids look forward to receiving these gifts at the appropriate age. – Betsy
43. You are the kind of dad that I am proud to introduce my friends to. - Jackson
44. You want to fix things when you make mistakes. - Yuhua
45. You help me. – John

1 comment:

  1. Oh my...
    Thank you -- Betsy, Jackson, Yuhua, Savannah, Brooklyn, and john. This post certainly made my day, and likely made my year! Yesterday when people wished me a happy birthday, I frequently commented that I'm halfway to ninety. With all of your kind words, I wish the list had gone on to number 90! Thanks! I love all of you with my everything ~

    James / Dad

    ReplyDelete