Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Beginning

A couple of years ago President Monson gave a talk titled "Finding Joy in the Journey".  I remember thinking that I should begin journaling (or blogging) about the important things in my life — first, so that I would not forget and second, so that I might recognize the joy. I’ve been thinking about that idea ever since…


Last May James took a job in Idaho and the plan was that we would get our house sold and move there too as soon as school was out. It’s always good to have a plan, but lately I’ve been learning to be flexible. Our house has not sold according to “the plan” and so the kids and I remain here indefinitely. Thankfully James’ employer has agreed to give him every other Friday off to come home every other weekend. So, while James was home this past weekend, the thought crossed my mind that I should begin journaling, or better yet blogging, about the important moments in our life so that James can share them long distance.

Then, on Monday morning I was driving to Vancouver and listening to an old session of General Conference on CD. When President Monson began to speak and I recognized the talk as the one that had originally prompted me to begin journaling about the joy in my life, I did what I always do at times like this. I called my friend Andrea.  And said, “How do I start a blog?”

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited you started a blog. I can't wait to see the pictures of the kids going back to school today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start, Betsy! Kudos for taking the leap into the blogosphere. I love you ~
    James

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a delight to read, Betsy! I've read all your posts and can't wait for more! And James, technically she's entering the "bloggernacle" since she is an LDS blogger. ;)

    ReplyDelete