Monday, September 13, 2010

Embracing the Mud

One tradition that we will miss when we leave Mcminnville is Trask, a true cross country race that celebrates the Oregon mud. For the last three years someone in our family has run Trask and we have had a ball cheering them on. This year Brooklyn and I joined the ranks of those who have endured the course. Savannah begrudgingly sat out with a knee injury, (Lucky for us she got some good pictures) and John held down the fort at the finish line.


Brooklyn competed in the middle school event, a 3K race that covered the same terrain as the longer race minus an infamous hill known as “The Assault.” Jackson, Yuhua, and I ran in the 5K Race. We all survived! Believe me, the other alternative could have been a possibility. I should have considered myself forewarned when I read the information letter sent home.







Brooklyn - before her race





the mud pit


the pain


the competition


the mudslide - much steeper than it appears



 the finish

the moms


 

1 comment:

  1. Yay Betsy! I love your blog and all the pics and commentary. You are a natural at blogging, so keep it up! That mud race looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete