Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fruits of our Labor

Among the many things that I will miss when we move is our garden.  We planted grapes 3 years ago and this year has yielded our first edible grape harvest.   I love that the kids can run down to the garden and snip grapes off for snacks and lunches.  I love that I don’t have to ask anyone to please pick the grapes.   I love that they are free.   I love that our kids love to eat something that we grew because that is not always the case.   I love that one of our best crops took three years and taught us about delayed gratification.   I love that our garden produces not only fruits and vegetables but so many life lessons. 


The kids eat these like candy.


These are Concord grapes that I planted to make Grandma Van's Grape pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment